The Five Steps to Solve Any Marketing Problem
1. Understand the business. What are our goals?
2. Define personas. Who are the buyers or people we are trying to influence? What are they like? What are their motivations?
3. Map out the sales and message cycle. Determine what point in the sales cycle they are in. Write it down. Get buy-in from all the teams that it is fairly accurate. Or at least that you all have the same level of comfort with it.
4. Create, deploy, measure. Then create content, format, delivery mechanisms. Don’t forget success metrics.
5. Rinse and repeat. Why should engineers be the only ones who get to measure, iterate, and improve? We marketing folks need to do that too. Why not agile processes for marketing?
Want to learn more about me? Contact me!