Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a resume.
My LinkedIn page is at http://www.linkedin.com/in/garymdietz/
- Launch: Managed multiple years of marketing launch efforts of Elluminate Live and associated products, a real-time teaching SaaS used by 1500+ districts & universities with millions of mins/month, acquired by Blackboard. Launched over 10 major software and hardware products including SaaS based personal and corporate backup solutions (Acronis) and mobile apps.
- Prolific enablement AND asset creator: From white papers to infographics to ad-hoc videos to animations to slide decks to sales skits to branding to web landing pages, created individually, with teams, or with agencies, prolifically ideates and creates content that performs.
- Lifelong learner and Speaker/TRAINER: Pragmatic Marketing trained. Dale Carnegie trained. Presented at dozens of major conferences for FVC, mimio, Elluminate. For my book invited to speak at major universities, the NIH, and even had a White House representative at a talk.
- Process cleanup and practices: Modeled personas, improved nascent social and blog presence, email campaigns data cleanup, and sales processes. Managed junior creatives and seasoned peers. Influenced roadmap substantially (see below) as well as built out user stories for a startup.
- $6M+ pipeline and $400K closes for a new product offering: Led an OEM-in effort of a German firm to bring us new HD video technology to offer universities & consortia. From first meeting through next 18 months I led as Product Manager, evangelist, and leader to create a new pipeline with closed revenue. Trained sales and SEs on how to fight and win against incumbents.
- Increased social engagement: Built a Facebook and Twitter sponsorship test to determine terms and images that resonated best with personas and points in buyer’s journey. Iterated and increased engagement up to 200%. Received as many YouTube views in 4 months (50K+) as previous versions did in multiple years. Average view duration over 60% and during some periods over 75%.
- Created 100+ member Partner Program: Built a named account marketing program with over 100 members who agreed to co-marketing obligations. Some referred customers, all co-marketed. Built face to face and online relationships that have lasted to this day.
- Book project, Dads of Disability: Research for need, crowdfunding, crowdsourcing, Google Analytics, Twitter ads, Facebook ads, PR. Blogs, podcasts, conference presentations, and speaking invitations from organizations like the Johns Hopkins/National Institutes for Health (where a White House Rep attended my talk), Tufts, and more. Managed editors, animators, and essayists from around the world and got incredible press coverage for independent trade paperback. Invited as keynote and breakout speakers at events
- Research, planning, and biz dev: analyzed landscape, led biz dev meetings to apply technology with partner businesses such as WebEx and RealNetworks, where we had the #11 RealNetworks plug-in of the year (which meant something then). Worked to get mimio on stage with Bill Gates with release of Windows 2000.
- Investor pitches and product planning: Wrote vision specs and stories for hardware and cloud features (same space as Microsoft Surface Hub and Google Jamboard).
- Frequent app deployment: Managed team that delivered over two dozen apps on iOS, Play, and Amazon stores. Ran standups. Updated or introduced 6 new apps during my tenure.
- BONUS Bullet! At age 9, I wrote a spec for a calculator called “The TI Budget Shopper.” At 12, made & sold polished rock jewelry and sold it door-to-door for $400 profit.